The European standard
THE EUROPEAN STANDARD EN 1527
A safety insurance regarding the performance OF FITTINGS FOR sliding doors :
Simple and efficient :
By requiring the characteristics of a product according to the European standard, you will avoid inconvenience such as bad sliding, blocking or early wear.
What does the European standard EN 1527 indicate ?
It defines objective quality criteria for a complete set of fittings for sliding doors (tracks, brackets, hangers, stops and guides) :
- Corrosion resistance (resistance to salt spray)
- Durability (number of cycles)
- Initial friction (initial max. force required to open and close the panels)
It determines the conditions in which the tests have to be made. This allows an easy and real comparison between different competing products :
- Door under 100 kg Height : 2 meters Width : 0.80 meters
- Door over 100 kg Height : 2 meters Width : 2 meters
It indicates the performance of fittings according to the tests results :
|grade 1||grade 2||grade 3||grade 4|
|CORROSION RESISTANCE [C]||24 h*||48 h*||96 h*||240 h*|
* Numbers of hours of resistance to salt spray (Standard EN1670)
|INITIALE FRICTION [F]||grade 1||grade 2||grade 3|
|Gate of 50 kg||50N*||40N*||30N*|
|Gate from 51 to 100 kg||80N*||60N*||40N*|
|Gate from 101 to 300 kg||100N*||5%*||4%*|
|Gate more than 300 kg||5%*||4%*||3%*|
* (10N) : 10 newton correspond to a force of approx. 982 g to start movement of panel
|grade 1||grade 2||grade 3||grade 4||grade 5||grade 6|
|DURABILITY [E]||2500 c*||5000 c*||10000 c*||25000 c*||50000 c*||100000 c*|
* number of cycles
Mantion certifies* the performance of its fittings for sliding doors and gives you the guaranty of high quality products.
The different Mantion products have been designed, produced and tested to be used together. In order to avoid any technical problem or early use of fittings, require MANTION products.
* This guaranty of durability applies to complete sets of Mantion products : tracks, hangers, brackets, stops and guides which are used and installed according to Mantion instructions (capacity and number of cycles).